Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 4th of July

I wanted to take just a minute out of my 4th of July weekend to wish everyone a safe holiday.  Also to share a few of my favorite patriotic pictures.

These pictures were made on my trip to DC back in 2007 when I testified before a Congressional committee.

The flag on the Washington Monument – I had to lay down on the ground to get this one.  But I must say it was worth it. Gives me chills to look at it even to this day.Flag and Washington Monument

P1000035

At the tomb of the unknown soldier.  This was a great memory to see how they honor our fallen heroes.

 

 

 

 

Pink and proud

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I call this one PINK AND PROUD.

A beautiful pink dogwood that was in full bloom when we were at Arlington Cemetary.

Our family is off to the lake tomorrow for a day of boating and then back home to grill out. But I won’t forget the sacrifices made so we can celebrate our independence.  GOD BLESS AMERICA!

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! I love your blog title!

    Liz (aka Ninny)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I look at this tree I'm wondering if it's a cherry blossom. Either way it's pink and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness. I had no idea someone else had "Ninny's Notes". I promise I didn't steal it -- just like minds think alike, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so nice to meet another Ninny. My grandbabies call me that, too! By all means, please don't change the title of your blog! There's always room for two of us, you know, unless you want to change it. But really, I don't mind. When I found your blog profile, I really did a double take at your title. I thought something had happened with Blogger, LOL. But your blog is delightful and I'm a follower. You couldn't have a bigger fan than another Ninny!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete