Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Little Change from Ninny’s Notes to MilandDil Designs

Yes, I’m still a Ninny. And I still have a few notes here and there. But it’s been a while since I’ve posted and I’ve really missed my blogging friends.

So much change since my last visit on here. My sweet mother-in-law passed away in June. A precious woman who made such an impact on me. Taught me some real old-fashioned values and how to be an extraordinary wife, grandmother and true Southern lady. And her recipes and how to cook like she did…don’t even get me started ‘cause I could go on forever about her cooking. A treasured cornbread dressing recipe is still used during the holiday season. We will truly miss her.

But now we’re pressing on into hopefully some cooler temperatures. Cooler for us would be maybe in the 90’s as we have had over 30 days of triple digits.

I’m ready for fall, the smell of cinnamon, the crisp cool air, pumpkins and all that goes with the coming season.

So one way I’m coping with the jagged remains of a hot summer is making fall arrangements for our new business MilandDil Designs. I started the business with my DIL Olga who is in nursing school. It allows her to devote time to her studies, set her own work schedule and of course spend time with her little one Lilliana.  Here’s a few photos…Olga with Lilliana, a Russian-like photo of her and bath-time unruly curly hair (thanks to her Ninny).

Olga and Lilliana for post Lilliana Valentine 2011004 Happy baby curly hair

Now you can see why we both need as much Lilliana time as possible.

Here are a couple of our arrangements…of course fall to get you in the mood.

Harvest Haystack001

MilandDil is currently having a giveaway….$100 credit for either a current product offered or applied toward a custom item.

To enter your name for the drawing on Monday, August 15th, you can:

Go to our MilandDil Designs Facebook page and hit the like button.

Become a follower of MilandDil Designs on this page (added bonus --- all my current friends are automatically entered but you might want to enter on FB too).

So the three ways are FB like, follower on MilandDil (formerly Ninny’s Notes) and leave a comment.  You got it???

Good luck everyone and please think cool.

5 comments:

  1. I would want one for every season! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Have added you on fb and following you here now! Love to see more of your creations! What a great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! What a great giveaway! Now following on fb and here!

    ReplyDelete