Thursday, February 25, 2010

And Then There Were Three

In July of 1986 things were busy.  We had just finished building our new home. I was working full-time and teaching so many aerobic classes I can’t remember.  We had been living in an apartment with our two boys, ages 8 and 6 so the move to the new house couldn’t have come any sooner.

The perfect house – three bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, with a remote master.  Each boy had their own big rooms with their own bathroom on the other side of the house from us.  Perfect, right?  Not quite.

Two weeks after moving in I couldn’t understand why I was so tired and nauseated.  It had to be my schedule, had to be the move, had to be something but the obvious.  I ignored the symptoms which didn’t help – yep, we were pregnant!

So now I have this new house, a full-time job, plus teaching aerobics, and a new baby on the way.  A bonus baby.  A surprise, guess what, who knew, a little package from my Heavenly Father who had a plan better than mine.  You see my plan was to be a working mom with a crazy schedule, pursuing things that I felt were important.  Ignoring my responsibilities of being a mom to my two boys and many times putting aside the very ones I loved the most to pursue my selfish wants.  Not a good thing.

My little package from heaven was another boy.  Thank goodness because I really don’t know how a little girl would have survived on that side of the house with two older brothers.

This is Colin in his bassinette with our kitty keeping him warm.Colin0002Today is my little package’s 23rd birthday.  Happy Birthday, Colin David!

Colin0071Each and every one of my sons are uniquely different. Each one has special talents and giftings that make me proud.  But there’s only one that can say he’s the baby.

I must say even though he is the baby, Colin is mature beyond his years. I guess being around older brothers and also hanging out with his parents and our friends influenced him more than I knew. He can hold his own in a conversation with people twice his age.

IMG_3829

IMG_3938

Colin works at Best Buy as the Geek Squad Manager.  Look at that one dimple!  He was three weeks early so I’ve always told him I didn’t have time to cook the other one.

He is married to a beautiful Russian girl from California and they are expecting a baby girl this May.

wedding 005 wedd 4 1080 x 720

 

 

 

 

 

 

So Happy Birthday, Baby Boy!  Happy Birthday, Bonus Baby!  Thank you for coming into my life when you did. I love you and your beautiful wife so much.  And I especially can’t wait to love that little girl you are bringing to us.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Colin.....Love this boy and am excited about their new baby....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Baby Boy! What a handsome guy!

    Came to your blog from Teresa.I love a blog about grandchildren so I am now a follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing us to two of your boys. They're handsome and have beautiful families!! I hope they enjoyed their birthday week. And I'm glad to see you didn't give up on blogging!!

    And now that I've seen your picture, I DO know you!! I just didn't put the face with the name. Good to "see" you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Whimzie: Thanks for the sweet comment. And yes, I miss my choir days and your sweet Dad. Such pure acceptance and love for me. Best to you and yours, t

    ReplyDelete
  5. To the mother of three boys, from the mother of three girls. It is interesting to read your stories, and especially hearing about your third son. What a nice looking family you have. Hope your son has a fun birthday. They do grow up so quickly. Now we have the blessing of entering the world of grandparenting.

    Hearing about other's similar experiences is one of the joys of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow girl...
    Your bonus baby is a looker...gorgeous!

    Can you Imagine what the grandchild is going to look like, let me use that word again!!!...GORGEOUS!!!!

    Did I say Gorgeous...seriously beautiful!

    xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty confident our new little granddaughter will be GORGEOUS! The question is will she have one dimple, two dimples, or NO dimples. Can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog through Teresa and wanted to say hello! I think Teresa is the best!! Happy Birthday to Collin...Bonus babies are the best.. I have one myself!!!! You truly do have a beautiful family!! I Look forward to reading more!

    Lesli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your handsome son! What fun to know they're going to bless you with a grandchild...enjoy! Its the best gift in all the world.

    Thanks for stopping by The Gazebo House. I'll be looking for some ribbon like you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Popped over from Grammy Girlfriend to meet you!

    Enjoyed reading your posts....you are blessed with a beautiful family!

    I'm following you now and hope you can stop by my place for a visit sometime!!

    Sweet Blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your story and wonderful family photos. My oldest son gave me my first grandchild and he is perfect.

    Thanks for writing me, Yes I will rest;) Have a great day, Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, thanks for stopping by! If you would send me an email to Lesli626@aol.com, I would be happy to send you my ebay link. Thanks so much, Hope you have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete